picture

picture

Sunday 6 June 2010

Colour Red

I know, I am behind, red was supposed to go on show last week... but somehow I was distracted by other things. funnily enough most of the reds that I came across were food things! I could have taken a photo of our fire extinguisher.... unfortunately my son decided a little while ago all of a sudden that it's high time to try it out. when we installed it on the kitchen wall, we warned him not to touch it and it hung there for over a year - apparently without raising interest. I was working away on the computer a few weeks back, when I heard a funny "woosh" downstairs. at first I thought it was outside, but then I thought I'd better check it out. the kitchen and adjoining living room were full of white "fog" and DS stood silently in the kitchen, looking at me with that funny look, where you know exactly that he did something he wasn't supposed to do. of course I questioned him why on earth he had to "touch" the darn thing now, after such a long time. I think he didn't really know himself; there was this little devilish voice in his head to just give it a quick snap - and off it went! unfortunately getting it refilled requires a lot of  patience. we took it to the hardware store, but the company guy, who looks after this, only comes in every now and then - which means, it will take some time to get it back on the wall. in the meantime we have to make do with a fire blanket in case of a fire.
anyway, to cut a long story short - here are a few "reds" I found around the house. I thought I might snap a poppy blossom as well - but even though they are close to bursting - it'll take a day or two longer to open properly.

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

How can you not eb excited by red-my fav color for flowers because they are such attention getters! Too funny about your son-it is something I would have had mine do!