picture

picture

Wednesday, 16 May 2007

Change of plans

I had intended to do the vest in tussah - but after waiting for days for news about the required size, I gave up - and changed my plan. I started knitting a cushion, also lily-of-the-valley pattern, also the tussah silk - and so far it looks quite nice (well, as far as unblocked lace can look nice!). only now I am either to stupid to keep knitting - or there is a glitch in the pattern. I frogged three times and did it over and over again - but no, there must be a mistake in it. have to fiddle it out somehow, there are more increases than decreases....
and I started some samples for the planned bag project for the Connaught Spinners and Weavers. Theme is seascape and I had planned to do tunesian crochet - a wave pattern - for the main part. all in turquoise, blue and green - and later I will decorate it somehow. maybe felted fish in orange and yellow? or seaweeds in different shades of green? or maybe both? and the handle crochet with small fish worked into in a different colour? don't know yet, but I better get going as I have to work on the olg embroidery project too.... but I have to wait for the plastic canvas for this, so I can start crocheting the bag first!
and what happens if you read to many blogs? you are bound to stumble over lovely patterns - as I did the day before yesterday. a lovely peacock shawl - and no pattern to buy yet - I hope it will see life as a pattern for sale or I have to do something in the style myself. I'd rather buy the pattern and work on some nice handspun yarn, but we'll see....
the weather is dysmal today (lots of rain) - so I have a good excuse to work on the textiles:))

3 comments:

a simple yarn said...

Hmm....comments aren't posting...

I had said that I remember seeing that peacock shawl, but can't remember how I got to it. Memory like a flea...that's me.

Leigh said...

Oh dear. Wish I could help on that lace error, but I'm a lace klutz. I would have to give up too. The peacock shawl is gorgeous. I can see it in silk yarns of emerald green and turquoise.

Bettina said...

Leigh, I had the same idea colourwise:)) the error in the lace pattern isn't a problem anymore... I tried to figure it out, changed it and it worked for two more rows - then something else didn't fit:( I frogged a few rows (always the worst part in lace knitting, I find!) and changed over to a similar pattern in the book - which turned out to look better after all (and without problems:)) the first pattern was too lacy and looked a bit disorganised, the 2nd had more definition and I like it better! so sometimes an error can lead to a happier ending:))