picture

picture

Tuesday 8 May 2007

Badly designed!

whoever is responsible for designing mankind (or better womankind - men seem to do fine mostly:), should be sued.... they (= whoever) must have noticed after designing man that this model was insufficiently equipped, esp. for all the work model 1 left to be done! so why didn't they design the follow-up (=woman) with more than just one pair of hand? or at least with the born-in ability to use hands and feet at the same time, to double the output and be able to finish double the workload?
to make it short - there's just not enough time in the day to do everything I want to (a problem most crafters can relate to, I am sure!). I received several new knitting pattern mags - at least one design I'd like to do in each of them. the books and papers are stacked into wobbly (wonky?:) towers that need working through - never mind the garden, where the rain of the last two days has given another growth spurt to everything. several birthdays are creeping up that I need to work presents for. then there's the "old" fibre book and the welsh black mountain fleece cum information still to be collected. the "colibris in silk" challenge, the bag project for the connaught spinners and weavers group, the planned workshop for the OLG and so on....
but - looking on the bright side - the baby cardie is finished apart from three little buttons. of course nothing pretty could be found in ballyhaunis, no trip to galway in sight - so I just have to crochet three little balls from embroidery cotton; at least I have plenty of colours to choose from there. another tick on the list.... then there is the bobbin lace celtic collar that I pulled out of the dark and dusty corner yesterday to make it see the light again! not all that much to do, if I really got stuck in I might be able to finish it in a few sessions. (not to worry though, it has only been on it's board for about 10 years, a few more days won't make a big difference...!)
the new knitting project will be a sleaveless sweater for m... someone:) I finished spinning the tussah silk (originally I wanted to dye this purple with cochenille, but now I need it quickly and will leave it the natural golden tone) quite some time ago, 2ply, needle size about 3 mm I reckon. I plan on doing the lily-of-the-valley pattern from Dorothea's book at least on the lower border - depending on the time I have maybe allover? I'd also like to do a "heather shawl" in this pattern - for myself (yep, the 2nd project for myself in about 10 years or so). but first - I have to translate the pattern! and finish the files for the olg - and order the plastic canvas for the september workshop and .... well, as I said, I just need a second pair of hands!

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Bettina, you are too funny! When my daughter was little and demanding I used to tell her "I only have two hands!" She would reply, "Don't you wish you had two more Mama?" To which I would say no, because if I had two more would never be enough!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see someone in the Ballyhaunis area embracing technology and blogging.
Keep up the good work

http://ballyhaunis.blogs.ie

Anonymous said...

I would say it's time to prioritize! I share your feelings of "too much to do".