picture

picture

Monday 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas .....

.... or season's greetings, or happy holidays - whichever you prefer:)
 
the year is nearly gone, I can't believe that 2012 rushed by so fast! and I only just managed to make my traditional door wreath yesterday - usually it's hanging by mid-december at the latest. but never mind, I made it, though this time I didn't collect all kinds of greenery; I only used variegated holly and the reason for this is that all the variegated ones grow like mad - while the pure green one doesn't exactly rush into things here! we planted two (boy and girl) on the day we married, and they've been unstoppable ever since:) there are red berries on it, but the large leaves hide them rather well... the bow is a very old one I literally made decades back....
 
same for the christmas cookies. when I still lived in germany, I made loads of different ones; bit by bit I cut back over here, because with only three people and the occasional visitor there aren't enough mouths around to finish all of them. I did do most of them during the last weekend, so at least they are very fresh:) nobody likes to eat old cookies around easter! not even the dog....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and now I am off to dig through all the books I received:) the next few days will be spent on reading, knitting and spinning, only occasionally disturbed by a bout of cooking (and eating)! I've been looking forward to this for weeks - so here I come! btw - I received the very first handmade christmas gift from my son - who has been working on a lathe in school and took the opportunity to make a "needle holder" for me.... happy days during the rest of the year to everybody!

5 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours also! Have a wonderful week of spinning and reading and down time!

Nina said...

Merry Christmas! That plate of cookies looks wonderfully festive. Have a great time with your new books, spinning and knitting. I'd love to see a photo of your new needle holder. How nice that he thought of you when making his project!

Leigh said...

Happy New Year! I love the wreath and the cookie platter. With only two of us, it is hard to have too many cookies around. Now I start Christmas cookies in November, a batch per week. We eat most but I save 6 or 8 in the freezer. Every week it's a different recipe so by Christmas, we have a great variety.

Grit said...

Hallo Bettina,
ich muß mal hier antworten.
Das Mustertuch ist Monogramme Fantasia Creation Marjorie Massey Le Passe Compose.

Und das HAED Wolfsbild gibt es bei Stickteufelchen.
Google mal Cries of the night stickvorlage.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Unknown said...

How nice of him to think you like that! Kids can be so sweet. Hope you having a nice new year!