picture

picture

Wednesday 27 February 2008

here comes the second lot!



this is the second part - paid for this time, but nonetheless I am very pleased with the contents of the huge parcel that arrived from germany yesterday! DS came running up the road before I even jumped out of the taxi - just to tell me that I had mail:)) some of it will end up as projects for him, but of course, being only 10 he wanted stuff immediately and wasn't at all pleased that only wool and fibres came out! this is the lot I ordered from Wollpoldi in germany - I wonder how much the postman cursed when he dragged the heavy box inside:))
the fibres are viscose, cotton and soy (top), bamboo and ramie (middle) and flax at the bottom right hand. most will go towards the whacky fibres workshop by the OLG and their dye workshop for veggie fibres later in the year.
the yarns are cotton chenille, viscose/silk mix and cottoline (top) and schappe silk, lace wool yarn and wool yarn (for socks) at the bottom. I have plans tu use the chenille for an afghan and pillows, the schappe silk (very fine!) for embroidery and the viscose/silk mix for a sleaveless sweater - the rest I don't know yet...
these are four varieties of pre-drafted "yarns", which I tried before. the upper left is cotton/wool mix, the one on the right (veeeery shiny) a viscose/silk mix; the grey is superwash wool with silk and the white at the bottom the same mix in white. those are very soft and a bit shiney and spin up very quickly into a lovely yarn - I am looking forward to using them! they are ideal for presents as the spinning doesn't take long and still makes the result rather special. of course they could be knitted up into something as they are, but I think the yarn will be more stable once it has run through the wheel. it's easy to spin a balanced singles as well!
DS asked me why I always order boring white "stuff", he would like more colour:)) but of course being a dyer - that should pose no problem! I can only say that I am very happy with this order - all is good quality, the prices are more than reasonable and the service was fast and reliable! well done, Gabi!


No comments: