picture

picture

Thursday 20 September 2007

the scarf...



... is done too now - just in time. I had a bit of a problem with the picture, as it is rather difficult to take one of yourself, wearing the scarf:)) in the end I took a cloth hanger with a shirt over it and draped the scarf around. it looks a bit silly like this, but at least the embroidered part is visible. I am happy with the result - but not with the fact that I have to make another one as a gift, because I like this one too much to give it away (it's purple, need I say more?)! the second project I keep for myself in a row - previously unheard of!:)) I probably have to send out another order to germany for more.... I do have two silk chiffon scarves in dark blue and one in turquoise, but I think I can only embroider small designs onto them - the fabric is so light, that it might not drape well anymore with too much stitched to it. well, anyway, my part of the workshop is pretty much done for now, so I can relax a bit and get down to work with some of my other projects. spinning wheel - here I come! (I am suffering withdrawal symptoms....again)

No comments: